Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
What is a Podiatrist?
When To Call a Doctor
Basic Foot Care Guidelines
Peroneal Tendon Dislocation/Dysfunction
Xanthomas of the Achilles Tendon
General Information and Tips
Pain Management for Specific Conditions
Nerve Surgery (Neuroma)
Fitness and Your Feet
General Information About Fitness and Your Feet
Exercise Those Toes!
Fitness And Your Feet
Walking and Your Feet
Anatomy of a Shoe
Athletic Shoe Guidelines
Corrective and Prescription Shoes
What To Look For
Getting a Proper Fit
- Wear dry cotton socks, and change them two or three times a day if necessary.
- Wear dry shoes that allow air to circulate around your feet (tight, enclosed, moist shoes contribute to fungal toenail infections).
- Wear shower sandals or shower shoes when you are at a public pool or shower.
- Don't share shoes or socks with others.
- Don't share nail clippers or nail files with others.